In visual possession of the Historic Ruins, from bedroom, balcony, and private formal garden, Octagon is steeped in the perquisites of the master suite… historic portraits… rare inlaid fruitwood chests, credenzas and armoire... a dressing room graced by Turner-esque landscapes… stately, gracious, permanent… serene.
- 45-foot private southern balcony with protected Views of the lake and pasture, Southwest Mountains, the vineyards, and the historic ruins of Governor Barbor's mansion designed by Thomas Jefferson
- Master's bedroom with windows facing North, South, and East, overlooking the ruin's south facade and columns and historic boxwoods
- Free cable WIFI and smart TV
- Private, boxwood framed lawn and garden
- Both balconies furnished with Adirondack chaises and dining tables and chairs
- Library in bath, claw-foot tub and shower.
- Exterior doors in each room, north and south from central hall.
- Fireplace functional in sitting room, ornamental in bedroom
- Individual climate controls
- Luxurious bathing accessories and bathrobes, double vanity in bath, lavish appointments throughout
- Toile or Chintz lined curtains with plantation shutters, all windows
- Antique oriental carpets on original mansion floors throughout
- 400-thread Italian cottage bed linens, double-sheeted king size bed, down blanket and pillows
Make a Reservation
Guests at the Inn are served a full breakfast with sidebar of seasonal fruit, yogurt, cereal, and assorted pastries from our kitchen.
Each evening, complimentary refreshments include a bottle of the guest's choice from a selection of red, white, or sparkling wine.
1804 Inn Guests may reserve a tasting in our Library 1821 Tasting Room by emailing [email protected].